|Home||News||What's New||Where are we?||History||Maps & Views||Education||Religion||Natural features||Facilities||Raheny Gazetteer||Links|
Raheny National Schools form an integrated complex on All Saints Drive and comprise:
Scoil Ide, mixed Junior Infants to First ClassThe National Schools are independent of each other in terms of teaching staff, administration, finance and parent groups, and are in the patronage of the Catholic Archbishop of Dublin, and the care of the Catholic parish. They have broad grounds, including a full-size playing field at the rear. There is a shared assembly hall with stage and a range of classrooms and other facilities; there are seperate yards. On the sloping lawn in front of the hall and Scoil Aine is the Dunblane Stone, commemorating the tragic school incident at the village of that name in Scotland; on the way into Scoil Assaim's yard is a memorial to the much-loved and long-serving teacher and organist, Mr. Matt White.
Scoil Aine, girls in Second to Sixth Class
Scoil Assaim, boys in Second to Sixth Class
Springdale National School is on Springdale Road, it is in the patronage of the Church of Ireland Archbishop of Dublin, and the care of the Union of Coolock and Raheny Parishes.
St. Michael's House Special National School is on Raheny Road, on the downward slope of Sybil Hill / Mount Olive; there is also the St. Michael's House DDC on Grange Park Grove.
Manor House School (girls, secondary) is on Watermill Road, in the same complex as St. Mary's Convent, and under the care of the Poor Servants of the Mother of God, who opened it by invitation in 1956 (following the opening of a now-closed primary school in 1953).
St. Paul's College (boys, secondary) sits on around 25 acres of grounds at Sybil Hill and is in the care of the Vincentian order; it was built on part of the old Guinness Estate and includes the home of the last occupier, Bishop Benjamin Plunkett. It opened in 1950. Adjacent was St. Paul's Swimming Pool, since closed, sold and built-over with apartments.
Ardscoil La Salle (mixed, secondary) is on Raheny Road. It was founded in 1968 by the De La Salle Brothers (when it went mixed in 1978, the Marist Sisters also became involved), who remain as Trustees.
The area also has a number of creches/ playgroups and Montessori schools.
Return to main page.
| Home | Where are we? | History | Views | Features | Facilities, Shops etc. | Religion | Education | Gazetteer | Links | Mail |
|© Copyright 1999 et seq.||Last updated : October 2010||Visits subject to the terms & conditions.||Skarl|